You moms of young children know this term well - a term I long forgot until I had a napper at home. We're "transitioning" out of two naps into one nap. This process differs so greatly from one napper to the next that I won't even begin to bother asking you how you transitioned. All I know is that my 14 month old stays awake in his crib for one of his two naps and then spends the rest of the day pretty whiny because he didn't get enough sleep. Pair this amazing developmental milestone with baseball games/practices/socials 4-5 times a week and well...too bad we're on a tight budget right now because my liquor bill would be out of this world.
Today, however, promises to be the mecca of nap times. He woke up too early this morning (5am) so I threw...yes, threw....a bottle into his bed and caught another hour of sleep in my own bed. He woke up close to 9am (first time EVER in his life since being a newborn) and so today that means...drumroll, please.....middle of the day nap. The few times he has been forced into a middle of the day nap due to baseball schedule he has taken glorious 3 to 3 2/3 hour naps. Today - I plan to:
- do my 50 min on the Elliptical and finish reading my book
- watch the last 30 minutes of vicky christina Barcelona
- vacuum my house
- do the dishes and start the dishwasher
- weed my vegetable garden
- take a shower
- get everything ready for dinner so it is an easy assembly once the little monster does wake up
- and for extra credit - possibly set up the schedule wall in my home office - the official headquarters of Chilidog pet sitting.
And you know, since I have a full agenda for naptime today, he will only nap 45 minutes, right?