1. I don’t enjoy being hot.
2. I really dislike the sun shining on me.
3. Because of #1 and 2, I love living the Northwest.
4. I have natural blond hair, blond eyelashes & eyebrows.
5. I dye my hair lighter and eyebrows/lashes darker.
6. I am happily married.
7. I think marrying my husband was the best decision I ever made.
8. I came across as a power woman in my early days, but secretly, I always wanted to be a mother.
9. That being said, I often think I am a terrible mother.
10. That being said, I really really like my boys. I like who they are.
11. I had a baby boy named Brock that died when he was born at 24 weeks.
12. I know I’ll meet him again and I think he will forgive me.
13.I don’t have a middle name and when I was young I would make one up.
14. I am so loud.
15. I say things and then regret them later all the time.
16. I don’t like keeping secrets. Not to say I can't do it, I just don't enjoy the secrecy.
17. I am terrible at returning phone calls even though I really like hearing from the people that phone me.
18. I never drop what I am doing to answer a phone call. (those that call me know this)
19. I love that my boys play sports and I secretly love that they are successful in them.
21. I am good at gardening and cooking, but I can’t sew a stitch.
22. If I want to blow off steam, I go dig in the dirt and I always feel better after.
24. I enjoy mowing the lawn and vacuuming the carpet – it is soothing to me.
25. I love to travel, but am a little afraid of flying.
26. I like diversity in people; I get bored with the same 'ol, same 'ol.
27. There are few people I dislike - I figure I can waste my energy in better ways than hating others.
28. I value intelligence above beauty and am drawn to intelligent, interesting people.
29. I love ballet.
30. My favorite form of art is French impressionist paintings.
31. I read about 2 books a week & usually choose female authors. (sorry I haven't updated my blog list of recently read books)
32. I love to watch TV.
33. Reality TV/Documentaries where they follow people in their daily lives are usually my favorite shows.
34. Red is my favorite color because it is vibrant.
35. I’m naturally pessimistic about outcomes, but optimistic about people.
36. I’m pretty trusting of people.
37. I am a confident decision maker.
38. My biggest pet peeve is someone else doing my laundry (thus why all laundry actions divert to me, aka my husband asking me to wash his shoes)
39. I like to say I operate in organized chaos – I know where everything is but it’s not neat as a pin.
40. I get most of my ideas by clipping out pictures from magazines.
(Idea for my kid's playroom)
41. I am a good cook.
42. Many of my recipes can be made in 30-40 minutes and contain very healthy, natural ingredients.
43. I often cheat and use Krusteaz pie crust mix when making pies or cobblers (this is a huge cheat if you are a Tribe woman).
44. The best kind of humor is dry and intelligent, like Tina Fey or Larry David.
45. If I had a choice, I would rather hang out with my family than with friends.
(me, Heather, Anne - you know, a sampling of the Tribe women)
46. I am a big time homebody.
47. I am very deliberate in my clothing and accessory choices.
48. I give away half my wardrobe every season and buy newer, trendy pieces to fill in the gaps.
49. I am not super impressed by name brands – design overrules names any day.
50. I worry about my body all the time.
51. I think everyone should take responsibility for their actions, even if they have a good excuse.
52. The thing I feel most “lucky” about: being born in America in the 20th century.
53. I call myself a liberal who is conservative (democrat that is not too lefty). (Go Hillary!)
54. My husband is quiet and a great listener; I talk too much and interrupt.
55. I strongly believe that opposites attract and can work in relationships.
56.The main reason I was attracted to my husband: he was a professional baseball player at the time.
57. His personality won me over in about a week; he is a very intelligent and interesting person.
58. After 12 years of being together – we still laugh at the same things and our conversations never get boring.
Halloween, 2006. Me as desperate housewife, Jer as PWT59. My biggest turnoff in people: entitlement.
60. I respect highly religious people and their commitment to their faith – no matter what their beliefs.
61. Everyday, I check online: email, bank account, my blogs.
62. I love studying economics and financial news.
63. I would love to have a daughter, but am secretly afraid I’ll screw her up.
64. I was set to choose fashion as a career choice, but I knew it was not compatible with being a mother so I choose being a teacher instead.
65. I don’t regret that.
66. The two people I consult on my decisions are my husband and my mother.
67. I am in constant fear that my car will break down.
68. My second biggest fear is that my children will grow up and hate me when they are older.
69. I am always hugging and kissing my family.
70. I think I taught Jeremy to be more affectionate.
71. I sometimes judge people on the condition of their homes.
72. Come to my house and it is usually a mess.
73. Life humbles me all the time.
74. I usually park at the back of the parking lot and walk.
75. If I can walk to my destination, I do.
76. I ride my kids’ Razor scooters all the time – without a helmet.
77. I get scolded by the neighbors for setting a bad example.
78. I don’t care.
79. I used to own over 12 handbags. Now I own 3. This is how I streamlined my life.
80. I do not like cats at all.
81. My Starbucks order: extra hot Grande soy latte with 1 splenda.
82. My biggest regret in life: not studying abroad.
83. I would have chosen France.
84. My wildest dream? To be on The Amazing Race.
85. The traits I hope my children have: genuineness, leadership, tolerance.
86. The traits I hope they don’t have: addiction, snobbiness, rudeness.
87. I only run to lose weight.
88. I prefer to lift weights and ellipitcal.
89. When I volunteer in my child’s classroom, I always hang his artwork front and center.
90. The thing I’m most proud of: my marriage.
91. the 2nd thing I’m most proud of: who my children are becoming.
92. Favorite season: Fall. Least favorite season: summer
93. Turning 30 was a critical turning point in my life.
94. It was when I stopped being so concerned about what others thought about me.
95. Life is a lot more freeing these days.
96. I crave change.
97. That being said, big changes upset me terribly.
98. I am a morning person.
99. By choice I would wake every morning at 6am. (since being pregnant, I wake at 7 and feel like I’m sleeping in)
100. My favorite time of the day is the first sip of my super hot soy latte in a quiet house.
101. I spanked my children when they were younger.
102. I don’t feel bad about it because I was very careful as to how angry I was when I did it.
103. One of my favorite places to visit: Canadian Rockies (Whistler, B.C.)
104. My biggest source of sadness right now: my brother and I don’t talk.
105. My biggest source of happiness right now: Jeremy has a good work schedule.
106. My mottos: “What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger”. “This, too, shall pass.” “Life is like a bicycle, you have to keep moving forward to keep your balance.”
107. I am afraid of the dark; I still leave 1-2 lights on during the night.
108. The thing I am most vigilant about: making sure my family eats healthy foods.
109. I really enjoy reading about other people’s lives and experiences – maybe a reason I like blogging.
110. I truly believe that whatever happens to you was meant to happen to shape your life. There are no mistakes and no coincidences.
111. I truly believe that God forgives me for not being perfect- this is huge for me.